- Lifestyle (Beauty, Travel, Wellness)
- Agri-Food (Dairy, Meat, Seafood |Alternative Proteins)
- Life Science(Biopharma, Biotech, Medical Device)
The client was a Japanese beauty contact lenses brand owner. Their products have been exported to South Korea, North America and Taiwan, China since the 2000s.
Problem to Address
With sales booming in Korea and Taiwan, the client wanted to evaluate the competitive landscape among local brands before entering into the lucrative mainland Chinese market.
Tailored Research Framework
- Overview of main existing and potential players in the market
- Popularity rating list generated by social listening and fieldwork interviews
- Detailed study of digital platforms used by five popular brands and content summary of their engagement with consumers online
- In-depth profiling of the Gen-Z generation, the client’s target consumers, including their social interests in beauty and personal care, frequency of digital interaction, approaches to show initiative, and attitudes about new brands.
Output of Market Research
The client now is using our shared study and proposed digital marketing strategy to make decisions on its product development and brand building in China.